Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy is for individuals experiencing changes in their cognition, or thinking skills, following a brain injury.
We will address the 6 domains of cognitive functioning: attention, memory, executive functioning, social cognition, visual perception, & language.
Cognitive Rehab Therapy may be for you if you experience any of the following:
- Slow processing skills
- Trouble focusing on a task
- Distracted by your environment
- Problems with short-term memory
- Difficulty remembering new information
- Deficits in orientation to person, place or time
- Difficulty initiating, planning, or organizing
- Poor decision making
- Difficulty with safe problem solving or reasoning skills
- Difficulty with insight
- Difficulty regulating emotions
- Difficulty taking perspectives
- Visual neglect (not attending to things on the left side)
- Visuospatial skill deficits
- Difficulty finding the words to express yourself fully
- Difficulty processing complex language
* * *
Cognitive SLP specializes in cognitive therapy for individuals living with concussions (mTBI), post-concussive syndrome (PCS), and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
Our individualized online sessions provide:
Education around the cognitive domains and their impact on daily activities
Restoring cognitive functions with specific skill training
Compensatory strategy instruction
Collaborative goal setting
Family counseling and coaching
We work on what is most meaningful to you and your family to help you achieve greater independence, improved safety, and improved quality of life. We support you in returning to your daily activities in the community, including work and school.